Friday, January 14, 2011

Week 2 Weigh-in and Meeting

Wow! I can't believe I have almost 2 weeks of healthy eating and exercise under my belt. Since January 3rd, I have lost 11.5 lbs!!! I'm thrilled with my results, thrilled with my new-found energy, and thrilled that my family is eating healthier too.

Last night we had our 2nd weigh in and meeting with the BL group at my church. I just have to say that I am so thankful for this group. At last week's meeting, I was in a fog. I had just worked 2 nights in a row and was hungry and exhausted. I was going through the motions to be sure. But this week I was rested and ready to see my results and learn all I could from our mentors!

We started off by doing the weigh in. I went first for my team. We are split into 2 different groups; one for each campus (location) of our church. Within those groups we are split into 2 more groups; blue team and red team. I'm on the blue team. Go Blue!!!  I had a loss of 7.2 lbs since the last weigh in a week before. Yeah!!!! I was hoping for 10lbs, but was truly happy with what I achieved. I ended up winning the award for highest percentage of weight loss on my team. Yippee! What a good feeling. Its like an extra shot of motivation to make this week a great one! I know there will be temptation and an occasional bad choice. But wow! I'm thankful for the Lord's strength because that's how I've done it.

After weigh-in we did a quick devotional on surrender. So important to surrender our wills to the Lord in all things, including our health and well-being. Then it was time to get to work! We did group workout. Week 2 is definitely harder than week 1 in that respect. Picture Pilates and Calisthenics. For about 1/2 hour. Lots of using your own body weight as resistance. I added in weights for the first time and it was way more challenging. But the cool thing is that I'm starting to see my recovery time shorten. The huffing and puffing when we were done was over quickly and it was nice and relaxing to stretch at the end.

We ended our meeting with our Nutrition lecture. This is my favorite part. I'm developing such a passion for healthy eating. It's so fascinating! I also get so angry at what conventional nutrition, the FDA, and our government tells us is healthy. So not true! I'll have to write separate posts about that because there is just so much good info out there. It would change the way people eat if they only knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment