Monday, January 3, 2011

The Plan

It's great to have a plan, right? Boy, oh boy, do I have a plan.

My church is doing a weight loss program from now until the end of May. It's part competition, part spiritual healing, part nutritional teaching. I'm one of 19 that has been chosen to participate and I'm excited, although nervous. Here's the scoop:

Nutrition
Eat a whole foods/real foods diet. That means the foods that I'm eating should be as close to their natural state as possible. Produce should be organic, meat should be grass-fed and free range. None of the processed stuff. White sugar, white flour, and white potatoes are out. Eek! It's such a healthy way to eat, but challenging in our society.

Exercise
1 hour a day, 6 days a week. 3 of those days will be group workouts....similar to the stuff you see on the Biggest Loser show. The other 3 will be at home, and more up to us. I think. I'll find out more this week.

Spiritual and Emotional Support
aka Accountability. Weekly weigh-ins and measurements. Learning proper nutrition and exercise. Learning coping skills and how to handle this as a Christian.

All of this takes place weekly for the next 5 months. My goal is to be 50 lbs lighter at the end. WooHoo! I haven't seen those kind of numbers in about 8 years, so I can't wait! I will share my weekly progress on this blog, as well as all of the ups and downs. I'm sure there will be many!

No comments:

Post a Comment