Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 2

1 day down, many more to go. I woke up this morning a bit on the grumpy side. Hungry and still tired, I quickly remembered I had to put more thought into my food choices today than I really want to. But I turned on the radio and listened to some really encouraging music while taking the girls to school this morning. Kind of changed my attitude and renewed my determination. I can do this! More importantly, I want to do this!

So yesterday was a day of ups and downs. Highs and lows. Since my crutch of overeating has been taken away, the tears have not stopped flowing! Its amazing how quickly that happens. I'm just so thankful for God's patience with me. He welcomes us back with open arms no matter how badly we've messed up. So I let the tears flow, knowing that it is an important part of this journey.

I am happy to report that I stayed on track with my eating and working out! My goal is to stay below 1500 calories daily and get some exercise in too. Even though it was hard, I didn't exceed 1500. And I did a 30-minute workout dvd as well. I still need to find a way to drink more water. I drank 70 oz, but should be drinking closer to 100 oz.

So this morning I enjoyed a fantastic bowl of oatmeal, inspired by Kath. This lady knows how to make oatmeal! I don't have too many interesting toppings right now, but I can see myself getting hooked on keeping them around. Today I just made a bowl of steel cut oats and topped it with Naturally Nutty Almond Butter. I also added a tablespoon of dry toasted pecans and a dash of cinnamon. Wow! Soooo good, and sooo filling. Paired with a cup of coffee, I am one satisfied lady.

Here's to a fantastic day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment