Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 1

I had my first meeting with the group at church that I'm participating in. I was exhausted because I was coming off of 2 days working midnights. Needless to say, I was just kind of going through the motions.

We started off with getting our team shirts and recording our beginning stats. Ugh. That part was the worst. I knew how much I weighed, and my measurements weren't all that surprising. But finding out my BMI and percentage of Body Fat? WOW! I hated it and loved it at the same time. Hated it because I felt embarrassed and ashamed. But I loved it because it was so motivating. The more I reflect on those numbers, the more I wanna make changing them my goal. Its fun to lose pounds, but it will be so rewarding to see my body fat percentage and BMI go down.

After finishing stats we took the obligatory "before" photos and group photos. There was also a man getting up in everyone's face with a video camera. Really? I don't remember signing up for that part.

The next part of the meeting was a nutrition lecture. This is the part that is very interesting. I'll probably start posting seperately about it because there is just so much info out there! We are basically following a "paleo" diet. Very basic foods. Nuts and seeds, fresh local meats, raw whole dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies. We'll be restricted to 1500 calories a day. I have to admit, yesterday was very difficult for me. I was sooooo hungry. I literally thought I might be sick because of it. Part of the learning process if figuring out when and what to eat. I realized I hadn't eaten very much over the past 12 hours, so that was part of my problem.

After the lecture they demonstrated the basic exercises that we'd be doing that night. Nothing too new or exciting since I'd been doing it for over a month already.

We ended our meeting with devotions. I plan to write separate posts on those as well. There is just too much good stuff for one post!

No comments:

Post a Comment