Monday, January 3, 2011

The Problem

Ok, so here's the scoop. I need to lose weight. A lot of it. 100 pounds of it. Sounds a bit daunting, if you ask me. Good thing I don't have to do it all in the month of January! They say slow and steady wins the race, so that's what I'm aiming for. I'm not ready to set a time frame for a 100 lb weight loss. But it needs to happen.

Another problem? I've drifted away from my Savior. My first love. I need that back. Christ has never left my side, but I have closed up my heart. In doing so, I have really limited his control over my life. I praise God for his faithfulness and forgiveness!

This blog is meant to be a way for me to process my thoughts and feelings through this journey. Some of it will be very meloncholy. Some of it will be more upbeat. That's just who I am. My hope is that it is very real. Honesty. Not hiding anything. Very hard to do, but very necessary.

Lord, please chip away these layers so I can find myself again.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome, Melissa! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete