Tuesday, January 11, 2011

-10 lbs!

Well, I'm happy to report that I have successfully completed week 1. I started this journey on January 3. As of this morning, I've lost 10 lbs! Not too shabby for only 8 days! Even better, I'm starting to find it much easier. The first few days were rough. I was so hungry! I think my body is adjusting to it all now. It is still sometimes challenging to stay within my calorie goals of 1200-1500 per day. But I am looking at each day as a learning experience. Some days will be better than others and I'm not going to beat myself up on the hard days.

Exercise is going well too. It's quickly becoming part of my routine. I wouldn't say I'm loving it, but I am feeling much healthier as a result. I'm excited to see just how much weight I'll have lost at my weekly weigh-in on Thursday night. It's enough motivation to keep me going, even when I really don't want to put on my gym shoes.

This morning I felt convicted that the easier it gets to stay on plan, the less I call out for help from my Savior. So my prayer today is that God would keep my pride in check and I would rely on His strength alone! Less of me, More of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment